CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 19 May 2007

House-helps or house-hazards?

Isn’t it just ludicrous how we let some semi-retarded (and those are the good ones) people into our lives and our homes, believing in our minds that they are there to make life somewhat easier, and then subject ourselves to the daily punishment of having to berate them over the same thing each and everyday and end up doing the work ourselves.

We then come up with pathetic excuses that sooth only our ears – things like “how much of the house can I sweep when I have to get to work by 8am” or “at least, I don’t have to wash the pots after I cook”. Come on!!! Are you kidding me, the house still isn’t cleaned the way we want it, the pots still have to be washed at their next use since some lazy ass uneducated beesh can’t soak it long enough or scrub hard enough, and then to top it all off, when you start to complain, she has this obstinate look like “what’s got your panties all up in a bunch” and you just want to slap that smug look off her face.

I don’t even see the need to regale you with stories and do my own crazy pass your own, but in recent years, we have been through more than enough (but trust me, we aren’t that difficult a lot) and it seems like there is some crazy competition going on, each one trying to out-crazy the last.

But on the real, it just sometimes seems to me that thee people are so quick to forget where they are coming from – I mean, they come from some scrawny village where they don’t have shit, and then they come to your place and after one or two weeks, they start to behave like they own the house – they hug the t.v. and do as if they’ve been watching Africa Magic since since; to call them to do something is wahala – you some raggedy uptight sometin tryna stress them; or how they all seem to chop up after like just a month; and wanna be taking two pieces of meat with every meal or how when cooking for one, they cook enough for four, so that they can be nice enough to prevent wastage… And don’t let me get started on the ones that think their hot and start spending longer time out grinding pepper and then in like six months, there are off cuz them get belle…

It’s just as I said, ludicrous.

...and me ranting on an especially annoying day.

Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol babe you're hilarious!

Anonymous said...

!!!
i luv it!!!
reminded me of SOMEBODY that was in my crib way back when...lol!!! got the description down to the fullstop.

to make matter worse, WHEN something goes wrong in the house as a result of them, they start to dey do like sey no be dem cause am in d first place.
iv got my eyes on you...